Friday, July 18, 2008

Two Down and I wish I knew how many more to go.....

I had my second visit to the doctor and second round of chemo this week. At this stage and with the recurrent cancer involved, we did not expect to hear really great news. Typically what happens is the CA125 numbers continue to rise until you get more of the drug accumulated in your system.

So, a few weeks ago my CA125 was about 550 and this week's visit puts me at 950. It might go up another 200 or more points before it starts to drop. I continue to believe that this can be viewed as a chronic illness, but I sure wish that the numbers had dropped and this was going to be my magic medicine. I suppose it still can be. Patience, patience Maggie.

Today I feel a bit nauseous, just not interested in food. I also have some fatigue. It could be that it is late in the day and I am just tired. I am listening to my body and taking it easy, but also trying to at least do something each day. I have to keep moving forward and doing things just like I would in a 'normal' life. This is my normal life now. So today's project was framing the pictures we had taken of Mads and Char last year. That was a good project, they always bring a smile to my face.

No comments: