Monday, November 17, 2008

Chicken Soup

I wish I knew if it was menopause, the chemo or just good deeds that make me so weepy lately.

We just received a gift of homemade chicken soup. When asked how I felt (strong until that point) I started getting teary eyed. What is it that makes this happen? Maybe it is the uncertainty of these days, the first holiday since my dad died is coming, the fact that I am only 44 years old and have cancer!

I head to St. Louis tomorrow. I have a CTscan scheduled for Tuesday and a visit with the oncologist and chemo on Wednesday. My onc wants to keep a close eye on those tumors because my numbers continue to rise, but the tumors seem to be staying the same. I don't know if I will be getting the study drug on Wednesday or something else. I have also been doing lots of research into integrative medicine. There is a belief by some in the medical community that good diet and exercise combined with supplemental support (alternative therapies) can help a cancer patient survive and lead a cancer free life. This makes sense to me and I am working on finding the right group to work with....

When the sun peeks out from behind the clouds, I feel hope return. I am really doing well considering the circumstances. And I want to thank everyone again for all you have done, have offered to do and will do when we ask in the future! Lots of love, Maggie

No comments: