Saturday, August 9, 2008

Guarded Optimism

Wednesday was a long day. I woke up at 4:30am to catch a 7am flight to St. Louis. My brother John picked me up and I had an 11am appointment at Barnes. Before I knew it, I was on my way back to Kansas City. After a long, long day it was wonderful to pull up to the house at 6:45pm and see Richie’s smiling face!

The chemo treatments are going well. I was told to expect my CA125 rise again before I would see any drop in the number. To my utter surprise, the number has dropped. I had a drop of almost 300 points, to 642. I keep trying to remember that this is just a diagnostic tool, I don’t want to put too much weight on it, but it does mean something. A drop means the chemo is working and my body is responding. RELIEF!!

I am feeling good, no nausea this time, and I am hoping this continues. I think the future looks bright again and I am excited to face the day.

No comments: